210038, Republic of Belarus,
Vitebsk, Moscovsky Avenue, 33
+375 (212) 37-58-36,
+375 (33) 317-95-02
Faculty of Mathematics and Information Technologies: 52 lecturers work at 5 departments of the faculty. 67% have academic degrees and titles: 3 doctors of sciences, 4 professors and 32 PhD.
Dean of the Faculty is Elena Zalesskaya, PhD in Physico-Mathematical Sciences, Associate Professor.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Information Technologies of Vitebsk State University named after P.M. Masherov is a regional center for training highly qualified specialists in the field of information technology, which uses the latest educational technologies, has a modern material and technical base and has established close cooperation with 20 leading IT companies of the Republic of Belarus, residents of the Hi-Tech Park, such as EPAM, iTechArt, Innowise Group, LACIT, Exadel, SaM Solutions, Mainsoft, Artezio, GoodSoft, General Soft, etc.
Departments of the Faculty:
- Department of Applied and System Programming
- Department of Algebra and Methods of Teaching Mathematics
- Department of IT and Business Management
- Department of Geometry and Mathematical analysis
- Department of Engineering Physics
- Information Systems and Technologies (in Health Care Service). Qualification: Software Engineer (opened in 2021);
- Information Resource Management. Qualification: Manager. Economist of Information Systems (opened in 2020);
- Information Technology Software. Qualification: Software Еngineer;
- Applied Informatics (Computer Systems Software). Qualification: Information Specialist. Expert on Software Development;
- Applied Informatics (Web Programming and Computer Design. Qualification: Information Specialist. Expert on Computer Graphics Design and Web Application Development;
- Applied Mathematics (Scientific and Pedagogical Activity). Qualification: Mathematician-Programmer. Teacher of Mathematics and Informatics;
- Computer Security (radiophysical methods and program-technical means). Qualification: Information Security Specialist. Radio Physicist
In total, about 600 students study at the faculty, about 400 students of them are in the field of IT-technologies in five specialties in Russian and one specialty in English “Applied Informatics (Computer Systems Software)”.
Alumnus is a specialist with a broad outlook and high erudition, who understands modern trends in the development of science and technology, can independently find solutions to complex problems in the field of computer science, mathematics and radio electronics.
Laboratories with leading IT companies and Astronomical center:
- Scientific and practical laboratory of computer technologies (together with EPAM Systems, since 2007);
- Belarusian-Indian Training Center (jointly with HTP, since 2010);
- Scientific and innovative IT laboratory (together with "iTechArt", since 2019);
- Artificial intelligence laboratory (together with "LACIT", since 2020);
- Laboratory of virtual and augmented reality (together with "InnowiseGroup", since 2020);
- Robotics laboratory equipped with a FestoRobotino robot, a set of robots on the Arduino platform, Lego training kits, a robot arm Ufactory (together with ITS Partner, since 2020).
- Astronomical center (planetarium, observatory, classroom)
Scientific and educational facilities:
- Apple lab based on Macmini computers with the MacOS operating system;
- laboratory of monoblocks with touch screens;
- 3D modeling and 3D printing laboratory equipped with 3D printers and 3D scanners;
- class of mobile devices, etc.
Сooperation agreements with:
- The Republic of Latvia:
- Rezekne Academy of Technologies
- The Russian Federation:
- Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “Dostoevsky Omsk State University” (Omsk);
- Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science “Sobolev Institute of Mathematics (Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences)”;
- the Socialist Republic of Vietnam:
- Hanoi University of Science and Technology;
- The Federal Republic of Germany
- University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer
- The Republic of Estonia:
- Tallinn University Of Technology Virumaa College;
- the Republic of India):
- Modi University of Science and Technology (Lakshmangarh, Rajasthan).
Every year, the teachers of the departments are trained abroad. So, 3 teachers of the faculty were trained in the field of information technology in English in India, 4 teachers in China, 2 teachers in Spain, 1 in Sweden, 1 in the USA, 1 in Germany, 1 in Vietnam, 1 in South Korea.
Research work in the field of ICT, mathematics and physics is carried out in the following areas:
- virtual and augmented reality;
- artificial Intelligence;
- development and research of methods, models and algorithms of computational mathematics based on the object-oriented programming paradigm;
- 3D modeling and 3D printing;
- mathematical modeling of systems, processes and phenomena, etc.
- Masherov Petr – “Physics”, 1935-1939, Hero of the Soviet Union, Hero of Socialist Labor, First Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Belarus (1965-1980);
- Boltrushevich Yuri – “Mathematics and Informatics”, 1996-2001, Director of the Vitebsk branch of EPAM Systems IOOO;
- Yakovlev Alexander – “Applied Mathematics”, 2004-2009, Director of the Vitebsk branch of iTechArt Group;
- Troitsky Vyacheslav –“ Applied Mathematics”, 2003-2008, Director of the IT-company “Game Factory”;
- Volkov Mikhail – “Mathematics and Physics”, 1973-1978, Deputy of the House of Representatives of the National Assembly of the Republic of Belarus of the fifth convocation, Honored Worker of Public Education of the Republic of Belarus, Knight of the Order of Francisk Skorina, "Person of the Year of Vitebsk Region - 2009";
- Khoma Dmitriy – “Mathematics and Physics”, 1997-2002, Head of the Education Department of the Vitebsk Regional Executive Committee;
- Alekseev Alexey –“Applied Mathematics”, 2010-2015, the developer at Microsoft (USA);
- Chirkin Mikhail –“Applied Mathematics”, 2003-2008, the developer of the company "Amazon" (USA, Seattle);
- Zambzhitsky Anton –“Applied Mathematics”, 2003-2008, the developer of TabcorpHoldingsLimited (Australia);
- Daderkin Maxim – “Applied Mathematics”, 2007-2012, the leading developer of the IT-company EPAM Systems IOOO and others.