210033, Republic of Belarus, Vitebsk, Chapaev Str. 30
The Faculty of Physical Culture and Sports. Currently, the faculty has 36 teachers, including 11 candidates of science, 17 associate professors, 1 doctor of science, 18 masters of pedagogy.
In 1978, on the basis of the Vitebsk College of Physical Education, the Faculty of Physical Education of the Vitebsk State Pedagogical Institute named after V.I. CM. Kirov. In 1993, it was renamed the Faculty of Physical Culture and Sports.
Departments of the Faculty:
Department of Theory and Methods of Physical Culture and Sports Medicine
Department of Sports and Pedagogical Disciplines
Department of Physical Education and Disputeта
"Physical culture" with specializations:
- Coaching by sport (indicating the sport)
- Sports and recreational and tourist and recreational activities
- Fundamentals of physical rehabilitation
- Sports and tourism management
Sports and pedagogical activities (coaching with an indication of the type of sport) (opened in 2022)
The second stage of higher education (master's degree) in the specialty 1-08 80 04 "Physical culture and sports"
A graduate is a specialist with a broad outlook and high erudition, who understands the current trends in the development of science, and is also able to independently find solutions to complex problems.
The material and technical base includes several training grounds: sports halls, a gymnastics hall, a fitness hall, an athletics hall, 3 × 3 basketball and 5 × 5 classic basketball courts, volleyball courts, a modern football field with artificial turf, a Work Out playground , a playground with outdoor exercise equipment, running tracks with a certified surface and a sector for long jumps. The commissioning of a modern multidisciplinary sports complex (July 18, 2020) is a powerful impetus for the development of student sports and the training of specialists in the field of physical culture, the development of a practice-oriented approach in preparing students, and the popularization of a healthy lifestyle among students.
International cooperation: the research work of the staff is carried out within the framework of the faculty theme: “Formation of physical culture and a healthy lifestyle of a person” (order of VSU named after P.M. Masherov No. 9-n dated February 24, 2022). The faculty actively cooperates and exchanges experience with institutions of higher education of the Republic of Belarus, countries of near and far abroad, including maintaining scientific relations (consultations, analysis and discussion of scientific issues, research results) with the laboratory of special education of the National Institute of Education of the Republic of Belarus, the Belarusian Committee of the Special Olympics.
Scientific activity is carried out in the following areas:
- Improving the means and methods of physical education for children of preschool age and primary school age in educational institutions
- Functional and physical readiness of students
- Dynamics of anthropometric and functional indicators of the human body under the influence of human environmental factors
- Features of motor activity of students studying at the university
- Scientific-methodical and software-normative support of "Adaptive physical culture" in institutions of special education
- Differentiated physical education of children with severe psychological disorders in a specialized boarding school
- Increasing physical performance in cyclic sports
- The use of fitness technology in the classroom with university students
- Formation of professional and pedagogical readiness of future teachers of physical culture and work with children with special needs of psycho-physical development
- Improvement of scientific and methodological support and formation of physical culture of various population groups
- Development of evaluation standards for physical fitness of students with intellectual disabilities
- Development of a method for predicting the time to reach the initial state of the body after exercise
- Mobile training in physical education for various gender and age groups of the population Mobile training in physical education for various gender and age groups of the population
- Individualization of the process of teaching motor skills
- Improving motor abilities
- Improving the means and methods of physical education
- Implementation of an individual approach in the implementation of the physical development of students.
Scientific school "Development of methods for diagnosing and restoring the body in pathology and physical activity." Supervisor - Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor E.S. Pitkevich.
The scientific and methodological work of teachers is expressed in the publication of scientific results of work in scientific periodicals, in the materials of scientific and methodological conferences, in educational and methodological collections and manuals.
Graduates of the specialty "Physical Education" can conduct training sessions in any sport in children's and youth sports and with athletes of mass categories, while graduates in the direction of the specialty Sports and pedagogical activity (coaching with an indication of the type of sport) work in the field of sports of high achievements.